2010 Streamy Award-winning web series, "Subtle Sexuality," was a spin-off of "The Office" starring Mindy Kaling, Ellie Kemper, B.J. Novak, Ed Helms and Brian Baumgartner. The series focused on Dunder Mifflin employees Kelly Kapoor and Erin Hannon as they attempt to make a music video for their girl group, Subtle Sexuality. Subtle Sexuality was a hugely successful 360 campaign that I produced for NBC.com that included:
- three episodes that ran on NBC.com and Hulu
- a premiere day homepage takeover on NBC.com
- an in-universe website
- #1 music video on iTunes, #4 single
- trade magazine promotion, both online and in print (Entertainment Weekly, Us Magazine, etc.)
- character Twitter accounts that teased the story behind the series leading up to premiere
- custom CD design with lyrics and liner notes
- fan giveaways on Facebook and Twitter
- official merchandise
- downloadable band posters
To this day, Subtle Sexuality remains the most-streamed web series of any scripted show on NBC, and beat all but three of the network's full episodes during its first week online. In 2011, we launched a second Subtle Sexuality series called "The Girl Next Door" along with a new single and a revamped site design. That same year, I spoke about our 360 campaigns on a panel at SXSW called "Subtle Sexuality: NBC.com Adds Spice to Shows."
*Contact me for Vimeo password.